Friday, November 7, 2008

Response

The following is a question from a friends blog and then my response. Just thought it was interesting and worth sharing!

"Here is the question I pose to you: Why is it that we continue to have faith in God and continue to believe that this Jesus-walk we have is real? What keeps your faith moving forward and what keeps that heart of yours ticking and bubbling up with Joy when you hear the awesome name of Jesus? What an incredible journey we can be on once we get the answers to these things... because im sure there is a sinner sitting in the same ditch you used to sit in who is crying out for someone to share this same simple revelation to him."-PINFLOW blog http://pinflow.blogspot.com/


My Response

"I was dead 'til you became my life. I couldn't see it 'til you became my eyes."-Bethany Dillon

It's a death and life thing for me. There can be no life without death. And there can be no death without life. I can't know christ, who is life, until I know death, which is dying to self. And the same goes I can't know death, death to flesh, until I have known life, which is christ. For me, I have continued to realize that there is no life without christ.That there is no turning back to the old me. The old me is dead and gone. I keep tasting and seeing that the Lord is good and that is what keeps me hanging on. I believe that it's those that have been truly awakened to the real God who perserve until the end. It's almost an unexplainable feeling why I can't quit. It's the Holy Spirit inside of me that won't let me quit, that keeps this hunger burning and burning. And even when I feel doubt, the Holy Spirit whispers to me and I feel awakened again.

No comments: