Monday, August 15, 2011

Questions?????


"The yearning to know what cannot be known, to comprehend the incomprehensible, to touch and taste the unapproachable, arises from the image of God in the nature of man. Deep calleth unto deep, and though polluted and landlocked by the mighty disaster theologians call the Fall, the soul senses its origin and longs to return to its source."
A.W. Tozer



The more I seek God the more questions I find myself asking. Alot of the time people seem to run from questions. Maybe it's that they already know the answers and the answers scare them. Maybe it's that the answers would require them to change. I'm not sure, but I like questions. Although, the more questions I try to answer, the more questions I find myself asking. I know when I begin to think about questions I begin to search for truth. I no longer settle for the answer coming from someone's mouth, but from the Truth Himself.  God is not afraid of our questions. I think He welcomes them. Questions should come naturally in our pursuit of Him! The couple walking down the isle didn't just grab one another randomly off the street! No, they spent hours upon hours talking and asking questions...getting to know one another. The same thing applies in our relationship with God. What would our walk look like if we really treated God as a person we were in a relationship with? What would happen if we really pursued Him? Talked with Him? Loved Him? Got excited about spending time with Him? Let Him in on the ins and outs of our day?

I don't know about you, but I'm moving into a relationship with God. I refuse to let Him just be the "wizard of oz" who is far away and just "policing" my life. I want to spend time with my Father. I want to pursue Him. I want to make time for Him. I want to get to know Him more. I'm including Him in my life.

God is not afraid of my questions. He knows that in searching for truth it brings me closer to Him. Father loves for his children to come running with questions! I know I will never be able to fully answer all of those questions in my finite search, but I will still seek for answers. It's exciting to know more about Father and His plans. The good thing is that there will always be more to know about Him!!!

“Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!” (Ro 11:33)

“Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens—what can you do? They are deeper than the depths of the grave—what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea” (Job 11:7, 8, 9)

**********************************************************************************
The questions I've been mulling over are:
  • Who is God?
  • What does He think of me?
  • What does a christian look like?
  • What does the church look like?

"He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that,“‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand. Luke 8:10

So, in my search for truth I'm going to first learn about my Father.I'll be studying His attributes and asking lots of questions!

 Who is God?



"What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us."
A.W. Tozer
"We can never know who or what we are till we know at least something of what God is."
A.W. Tozer

No comments: